The Creation of Hidden Treasure Productions Blog # 2 By Don Dennison






At the end of my last blog, I mentioned that we planned to meet with certain individuals to discuss their interest in this new venture. It really began with John and Valerie Herrera, wanting to talk with us about their profound experiences in Ukraine. We had a heartfelt discussion over lunch, as Valerie told us that she cannot get the trip to Ukraine out of her heart and mind! I told Valerie that I felt the same way and that maybe we should think about doing more international drama.

We had a long discussion about what we could do because the organization we went with to perform Prodigal, only wanted to produce plays and perform them locally, rather than on the international stage. We talked about creating a business for profit, but in the end, we came to the consensus that we needed to form a 501 (C) (3) corporation. We realized what we wanted to do is to take 2-Act professional, quality plays to places where others in the entertainment field did not go. (places like Ukraine).  Next, I needed to contact the others who were involved in Prodigal, to see if they felt like John, Valerie, Beverly, and myself.

I made a list of everyone on the team and began calling the actors who performed in the play, as well as the running crew. As I went through the list, I soon discovered that almost everyone was interested in doing more international drama.

At that point, I started to do research looking for someone who could help us launch our 501 (C) (3), and I found one!  Everyone agreed that we would not be making much money. However, our main objective would be to bring professional, quality shows where most theatre groups do not go.

In the next blog, I will introduce you to the people who became part of the Board of Directors. Some of them were obvious, just because of their passion and their specific qualifications.

 As a non-profit, if you would like to support us, please go to the link below, and then to the bottom of the page at:


Edited By: Beverly Dennison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low-Cost Outreach to the Fiji Island

Fundraising for Hidden Treasure Productions

Come join us in Bali, Indonesia